I think sometimes persons busy themselves with various tasks in an effort to escape that which calls to them from within. I'm too busy, there are so many things to do, there is no time to write. No I'm not afraid of writing, why would I be scared? No of course I do not mind putting my thoughts and skills (or lack thereof) out for the world to peruse and criticize. No I am not afraid that my writing may not be good enough to cut it. That is not the reason I have not made a blog entry since 2008.
Sigh
Ok - so that being said, I will now prove my words true by writing something every day. There! I've made a commitment! Just like that 7yr old savings account (with hardly anything in it but that's not the point), that I do not make withdrawals from - only deposits (never thought I could do it), this is another challenge, another habit to cultivate.
Perhaps this can also be viewed as a savings habit - saving whats left of my ability to write, saving whats left of my unacknowledged dream to publish a book some day, and saving my life experience in little deposits. At the end of the day there may not be much more here than in that not-forgotten-but-controlled savings account, but at least there will be SOMETHING.
And with Gods grace, it may be worth something too - even if its just the time you take to read it.
Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment