Sunday, March 23, 2008

Welcome To My World

Hello Web Explorer,

Welcome to my world. I hope what you find will provoke thought, provide insight, inspire action, or - if none of those, at least provide entertainment worthy of the precious seconds or minutes that you may spend with these words of mine.

I find that I do not write often, but there are two main occasions when words will spill forth whether or not a receptacle is provided for them.

First: Sometimes an eclectic - perhaps eccentric, mix of thoughts will run through my mind. Since the track they find there to follow may not always be well paved with directional signs, I write to provide clarity for my own self.

Second: Despite a loud, extroverted public persona, my passions in large part run deep and silent and often do not find an outlet for expression. Thats when I will seek succor in the written word.

So - my reasons are clear - not the quest for world peace, or any any other such altruistic endeavour, but simply the desire to express, and understand myself. Despite my selfish objectives however, I hope you will find it in your heart to remain - just a short while, to read.

PS. This is also a class assignment for my Journalism 2.0 course

No comments: